Monday, September 22, 2008

sick sick sick

When I was a kid I thought it was the coolest thing to be sick.  Why?  Because you got to stay home from school! Mom would always take care of me- homemade chicken noodle soup, soda crackers, pajamas all day and at least 2 movies!  Unfortunately when you grow up, getting sick just isn't as cool as it used to be! :(
I laid in bed all day today.  I finished reading a book, watched a movie and just slept.  It just wasn't as exciting as I remembered.  Why is that?  I mean shouldn't I have thought it was the coolest thing to not have to do anything today?  Yes, on one hand it was pretty cool to not have to do anything, but at the same time I had things that I should have been doing.  Maybe it's not as "cool" as it used to be because I have more responsibilities as an "adult" though please don't refer to me as an adult, I don't think I'm old enough yet. 
Though now that the day is nearing an end I do feel much better having accomplished nothing because my cough and sniffles have gotten better.  I do have to say thank you to the family for all that they did to help take care of me, drinks, pillows, tissues, medicine and any other thing I needed.
Tomorrow I try the real world.  Good luck- hopefully I don't make any of my patients sick!

1 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Being sick is only fun when you have nothing you have to be doing. The last time I spent real time sick in bed I was out of commission for five days - I watched enough Gilmore Girls that I actually did not want to see Luke and Lorelai anymore. I wish I could have spent the bum day with you - then it would have been fun to be sick! Love ya--