Monday, November 17, 2008

Is it fall or have I fallen?

I'm not sure how many of you have been outside (in California) lately, but I know that today when I stepped out of my house to run the millions of errands I had to today, it didn't feel like fall! I have always associated fall with crisp air and cool breeze (meaning I need a jacket). I don't think I've gotten to use any of my jackets yet and especially not this week, no mam, not this week at all. Don't get me wrong but I love warmer weather but I also love the fall crisp-ness... the fresh air that you can just smell the minute you walk outside. Plus the vain side of me wants to pull out some of my fun fall jackets- then move to the also fun winter coats and are all just sitting in the closet waiting to be used! (I do have to say though, now that I am blogging about this, you know the weather is just going to take a turn and jump from fall crisp-ness to winter cold- oober cold- hahahaha -)
Some may ask what is your ideal temperature? Well Jac and I were just talking about what the perfect temperature would be in heaven. I said that it would be 80 degrees with a slight, and I mean very slight breeze to help keep the air moving while Jac would take more of the 70-75 degrees with a cool breeze- then since we both being right because when are girls wrong? decided that we'd be in our perfect state with good circulation so the temperature really wouldn't matter! :) Even more of a plus I'd have to say, but still since we're not in heaven and it is fall (despite the circulation issues) can we get some fall weather?
Turkey day is just around the corner and I cannot believe it- totally doesn't seem like we should be preparing for that since it's warm out there. I love Turkey day but always feel better about eating mucho food when it's cold- gives me an excuse to stock up for the winter months- but if there is not winter weather in the forecast then why would I eat mucho food? grr... but like previously stated once this blog goes up you know it'll get cold...and oober cold at that!
Happy Fall!!!

ps and btw- this pic is a birthday cake-I know I know not the traditional cake- but so yum! Thank you Utopia Bakery of SLO- pumpkin cake shaped and decorated like a pumpkin!

3 comments:

Patrick said...

That hot day was...hot. I started to sweat when I was walking to class. But I have noticed that the leaves are really turning all of the sudden. It's so fleeting though. Before we know it, the trees will be like winter skeletons.

For me, I think the perfect temp would be like 65. :)

The Rockin Hahns said...

Hey it has been a long time. It's good to hear from you. It feels like its going to snow here in Washington, a big change from California. Yes we will for sure have to keep in touch.

Ryan

Jaclyn said...

Today's weather was almost perfect for me - gray skies with that low-hanging fog lingering over the hills. It was probably 65 or so - cold enough to wear a sweater, warm enough that my toes did not lose completely circulation. Loved it-- missed you though. Hasn't even been five days, and I have separation anxiety. Hope your turkey day was fabulous. Oh, and love that cake!