Monday, June 1, 2009

Do I need help?

Addictions can be dangerous, lucky for me, I don't have any additions. :)  Hahaha- ok let's be serious - and stop the denial!

Since summer is upon us, I figured that spring cleaning should be nearing an end!  Every year I tell myself that I'm going to be better next year. I'm going to make sure I clean out the closet LONG before the shopping season begins! (for those of you who don't know, one of my favorite stores is Nordstrom and when their women and children's half yearly sale begins, that is the opening to shopping season)

Unfortunately this year I've been behind schedule, though I haven't delayed the shopping.  Here is the top shelf in my closet, one of my closets that is.  This picture depicts only some of the jeans which I own.  One may say, "wow that girls wears a lot of jeans" where another may say "goodness who needs all those jeans"  while I say "even though I can't wear jeans to work, I still need a variety.  What if I want to wear this shade or that shade, or pick a length- flats or heals? I mean the pockets do tell all and each brand has a different pocket and each can come in different colors!"  Now if you're my mom you'd say- "you're crazy, no one needs all those jeans and goodness, those don't include the ones in the wash or your jean capris or your jean shorts, not to mention your non-jean pants capris and shorts- girl you have a problem!" (ps sorry the jeans aren't coordinated- I threw them up to take a pic) (pps some might ask how many jeans I have- if you count only the long jeans I have at least 20 pair)

Tops- I never have any tops to wear and that is no fun.  I have to
say that most women - well actually just the ones I associate with say that they never have any tops to wear!  I feel the same way sister friend I feel the same way!  I NEVER can find a cute top to go with anything.  I have to say that, though you only say my jeans, I have a plethora of bottoms- probably more than 60 if you count jeans, pants, dress pants, capris, and shorts- *sigh* though there's never anything to wear with it.  To the right are some of my tops.  Now I love to coordinate but again some of the things were just thrown in for picture purposes. These tops are mostly t-shirts (but nice ones, not including my lounge-y shirts that I work out in or those that are like the "Hanes" type), and button up tops both short and long sleeve).  So as you can see here, and even with my sweaters or shirts that can't be hung (which are not pictured) it is clear that I have NO tops to wear!  Grrrrr- what is a girl to do?

Some may say well that doesn't seem too bad and others may say- wow that girl is crazy.  I am a girlie girl- and I love to shop.  I enjoy being fashionable and I love color coordinating all my things.  I have another closet that has dresses, skirts and jackets too.  I have something in almost every color and sometimes every shade of color too.  I have a purse for every color of the rainbow and enough shoes to wear a different pair each day for too many days.  

This is a little side note of me- 
I know I have a lot of clothes but I still have nothing to wear. There are a lot of things I need in life but unfortunately they don't all fit in your purse. You can't control everything. Your hair was put on your head to remind you of that. I like shoes that cost as much as a car payment. It's okay if I don't know what I'm doing, no one else does either. At least I look better doing it. Do you ever look in the mirror and ask "What is my hair doing and why didn't it mention anything to me before deciding to do it? I know I have a lot of clothes but I still have nothing to wear.

I try to hold back but I can't- though not all the shopping is for me.  I sometimes buy things for friends and family too- they are the lucky recipients of this disease- or whatever it's called.  On another side note, I do by the way buy and own all my clothes- no credit card companies half own my things- if I can't afford it, I don't own it- which helps the splurging.  

Well friends, now that I've shared some info on me, I hope this doesn't make you think less of me.  I'm still me- clothes and all!

0 comments: