Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Shining Star





Rebecca Williams was a shining star to everyone.  Becky was the type of person you met and loved instantly.  She had a smile that would like up a room and a sense of humor that could keep you laughing for hours.  Becky had the biggest heart which everyone was jealous of.  There were no ill words spoken of anyone and her arm was always extended to those in need even if it was hard for her to do.  She never complained and she always said thank you.  Becky was a mother of a beautiful daughter Brooklyn.  

We lost Becky one year ago today.  We lost her to cancer.  She was a fighter.  She never complained or said why me.  She stayed as positive as she could and as always asked how we were even when she was in the most pain.  Her life went quickly and the last time I got to see her was shortly before she passed.  It was a moment of heartache- one that I hope to never have to go through again, but I have to say that I do feel blessed to have been able to whisper in her ear the things I wanted to thank her for.  Becky couldn't respond to what I say, but by the way she breathed I knew she heard me.  A heartfelt moment I will never forget.

Her husband Jesse and daughter Brooklyn along with her father, mother, brother and two sisters are the ones who help Becky's legacy live on. 

Most people hope to have a legacy that will be remembered by those they love.  I know that Becky's legacy of love, compassion, honesty, meekness, beauty, integrity, and virtue will live on in the life of Brooklyn.  She knows that her mother is in heaven watching over her.  Brooklyn will grow up knowing of her mothers legacy because of the stories we tell of her.  We will continue to talk about Becky as much as we can so that she can not only live on for Brooklyn but for us as well.

I wish I would have known Becky more than I did, but I know that when the day comes when I too shall pass through the veil, she will greet me with open arms and that beautiful smile.
I love you Becky- 

1 comments:

Jaclyn said...

love you friend-- thanks for being a star in my world