Friday, June 11, 2010

Circuit Training- Ever Heard Of It?

What?! So Tuesday
Thi says- "did you get the email about training tonight?"
I say "No, what are doing?"
Thi- "Circuit Training! I'm nervous!"
Me- "Oh wow! Wait...what's circuit training?" (I think to myself, I have a circut machine...is it anything close? LOL)
Thi- "It's like push ups, sit ups, and stuff."
Me- "Oh great I'm screwed! I'm going to die! I can't do push ups...great- we still on for training?"
Thi- "Heck yeah- see you there!"

When I got to the work out I was a little confused. I didn't know what to expect. We started out on a 1 mile run. Then coach Tim put us in 3 groups. Easy enough right?! Wrong. He then told us what our circuit training would be. Each group would rotate through each exercise.

Circuit #1
  • V-ups, which are sit ups in which you must bring your legs AND upper torso up at the same time, creating a V.
  • Push ups, regular "boy" push ups and each time you have to alternate lifting a leg.
  • Forward lunges, making sure your lower knee almost hits the ground.
After that circuit coach says- run once around the field! What?! You want me to run?! huh? Well better get to it!

Circuit #2
  • Forward Planks, you get into "boy push up position" and put your forearms on the ground keep your body straight and tight like a plank!
  • Mountain Climbers, again "boy push up position" this time keeping knees bent " alternate bending of legs by pushing one out while the other is bent and brought in
  • Side Squats, make sure while you do this you're "sitting" on a very LOW chair
After the second circuit coach says- run another lap! "AHHHHH!!!" We come back, and Coach Tim says, halfway there! So we repeat circuit #1, run a lap, repeat circuit #2 and run TWO laps. After which we stretch, breathe, and hope to die!

So I'll give you the little run down of the fun. Here's where it all took place


The pink line shows ONE lap = 1/2 mile
The green circle is where we did our circuits

So all in all we Ran 1 mile + circuit #1 + 1/2 mile run + circuit #2 + 1/2 mile run + circuit #1 + 1/2 mile run + circuit #2 + 1 mile run = 3 miles of running, circuit #1 and #2 two times and delirium. :) OH the joy of training!

0 comments: