Friday, June 11, 2010

Let's make it enjoyable!

Last weekend was our 2nd official coached run at the Berkeley Marina. I have to say that there are a few things I like about the coached runs and a couple of things that are challenging. (the nice thing, there are definitely more things I like about it)
First I love that I get to be with my teammates...
What's challenging?! Getting up early on a Saturday to be in Berkeley and ready to run at 8:00AM!!! Now I'm usually an early riser and enjoy have the whole day to do whatever I'd like, but there is just something about getting up that early in the morning to run that is challenging for me. I mean I have to say that I still haven't found that LOVE for running, that I hope to attain so maybe that's my hang up. I just need to suck it up and be HAPPY to get up early on my Saturday to go run!

Ok hello?! Look at how nice this trail is. I mean now that I've gotten up early, made my way to Berkeley, am freezing because the sun hasn't even gotten up yet, look at where I'm running! I LOVE IT! I love the water and it is soooo nice to be able to have a nice little cool breeze from the water hit you while you run! I love that we've gotten to run in nice places so far!

There really isn't thing else that I find challenging about these runs. I just have to "Get over myself!!!!"

When we complete a run it's exhilarating! Before we think about the honorees, past and present and those whom we have a special connection to. That is really what keeps me motivated in this quest. By the time I am done running, I am just grateful to be healthy enough to run. Besides, look at how gorgeous the marina was when we were done! Loving the BLUE sky!

Like Elle Woods from Legally Blonde says, "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy..." So true- I mean look at how happy we are! To add to the fun of completing yet another great coached run, we went to breakfast at the greatest place in Berkeley thanks to our friend Maja! She used to live in the area and came to support us in our training run! We went to Rick & Ann's - Yum!


And if that wasn't enough- we made our day complete and totally enjoyable with a trip to Lululemon! (The cutest yoga/work out clothes EVER!)




0 comments: