Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Mooving along, just get them shoes on and go!

For those of you who actually read this, and know me, you'll remember that I ran my first half marathon way back when, October 2010 to be exact.


I trained for almost 9 months and honestly enjoyed it! (what the heck was wrong with me?) I loved the race, it was awesome! I have to say that I promised myself this wouldn't be the last race I ran either.

Well, by the looks of the date... it's been OVER a year and I haven't been in a race. I had an interesting experience when running the Nike Women's Half in SF. It pretty much scarred me from running... but I'm BACK in the game and training all over again!!!! The race will be in October, which gives me plenty of time to train AND the best part...

I'VE GOT RUNNING BUDDIES! YEP, REAL RUNNING BUDDIES!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!!!

Now, if anyone else is interested, just let me know, I'm all about having more people get in on the run! I'm totally pumped, and even started a training schedule -- sweeeeeeet.

I do, want to start a "running team name" as of now I have my Gmail Calendar for running under "moovlikejagger" only because that was my "power song" when I was running the other day. I don't think the boys on the team will go for that name, plus it's not totally original, SOOO back to the drawing board, any suggestions?

3 comments:

Ms. said...

"Bumptherumps"....like if someone isn't running fast enough you bump em....hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
Or Bumpers to be shorter. LIke runners but with bums....CLASSY!

Trace said...

Mariah, I pretty much love the idea, gotta see if the team is up for it too :) hehehehehehehehehe

Jaclyn said...

I got back on the wagon this week - meant to tell you. It's totally great. Can we please not go so long without talking/seeing each other?! I feel like I keep forgetting to talk to you about different things.