Saturday, January 28, 2012

Up all night

I don't always find myself lost in a book. I've tried book clubs, but I, for one, do NOT read fast enough to keep up with the group. I DO however have a "Living Library."

"What is a Living Library?" you ask.
I respond with a sly "Jac-Attack of course!"
you have a verypuzzled look on your face and say, "Right...whatever you say."

I finish by explaining. A "Living Library" (in my own words), is someone who is your "go to" for book selections, or ideas of genres to read, or the modern day - real life "cliff notes," or the "you should read this book - and here's why" person, or "I'd have you read this book, but I'm not sure you'll LOVE it, so I'll tell you the brief summary and you tell me what you think." In other words, (since I'm sure this isn't making any sense) Jac-Attack, my girl who is AMAZING when it comes to books. Everything I've asked, she's read, or knows someone who's read, or has it on her 'to be read list' and still knows what the book my be about. She is BETTER than Google, BETTER than Amazon's or Barnes and Noble's 'take a look inside the book.' SHE, is a "Living Library."

So why do I title this --- up all night --- ???

I, thanks to Jaclyn, started reading --Love Walked In -- by Marisa de los Santos


and last night, I couldn't put it down! I started the book ages ago (see this is why I'm not in a book club), and had a little trouble in the beginning. The book just starts. You know, like you're right in the lives of the characters and it isn't until later that you get a lot of the background info on who, what, where, when, why. In the middle/end of the book, DRAMA happens and I just couldn't help but keep reading. So, last night, I just wanted to lay in bed and read. To be kind to my husband, who had to work today, (yes, work on a Saturday) I turned the lights off, put on my running headlight,
(yes, folks, I was that desperate and wanted to stay warm andcozy in my bed, I didn't want to have to get up just because I was reading a book) and I read until I finished the book. LOVE. I'm a fan of the book, I was desperate enough to stay up all night and wear a headlight for crying out loud to finish, AND now I'm on my way out to get the next book by Marisa de los Santos --- Belong To Me ---


I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

4 comments:

Ms. said...

I have that head lamp too and oo I'll have to add that to my read list

Brett, Juliann, and Mae said...

Seriously, if I need a good book, I go to Jaclyn. She always gives great summaries, so you have some idea of what you are about to read. It also nice to have a library of good books to go to. I haven't read those books, but I think I know what I will be reading soon. :)

Trace said...

A head lamp is PERFECT for reading! At first I thought it'd be really lame, but the more I've thought about it the better I think it is!

Jaclyn said...

You are too funny. I'm so glad you liked the book. That's one of the rare books that makes me happy every time I think about it. Heart you :)